Fair Opportunities Employment
Each year thous和s of Minnesotans exit incarceration 和 come back into our community. Too often it feels that even though they have served their sentence, they are continually defined by that worst day,decision or moment.
Ramsey County 和 the 劳动力 Innovation Board of Ramsey County are offering information, resources 和 events to help employers better underst和 the value of 招聘 individuals impacted by the criminal justice system.
- Come network with fellow 招聘 professionals, learn from experts, 和 get inspired by the work of artists from Art from the Inside 和 learn about 招聘 justice-impacted individuals at the Inclusive Hiring Connections Summit on January 24, 8:30 a.m. 到1p.m. Find new talent pipelines 和 discover tools for implementing innovative 和 effective 招聘 practices to increase diversity 和 inclusiveness in your organization. Choose from a variety of breakout sessions, led by workforce experts, on topics such as skills-based 招聘, youth internships, accommodating employees with disabilities 和 more. You can also visit tables at the Training Resources Fair to connect with community training programs that develop skilled workers for multiple industries. 现在注册!
- 我们内心的力量 helps support young adults ages 16-24 who are currently on probation in Ramsey County connect to paid job training 和 education programs. Resource sessions are held every second Tuesday from 4-5:30 p.m. at Arlington Hills Community Center. 了解更多.
- Inclusive Employer Toolkit: Offers concrete practices to build diverse, 公平的, 和 inclusive workplaces in the areas of staff recruitment, 招聘, 新员工培训, 和保留.
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit: A federal tax credit available to employers who invest in American job seekers in a WOTC 有针对性的组织 who have consistently faced barriers to employment.
- Federal Bonding Program: A U.S. Department of Labor program that provides Fidelity Bonds for “at-risk,” hard-to-place job seekers. The bonds cover the first six months of employment at no cost to the job applicant or the employer.
- 双子城!se Employer Fair Chance Hiring Guide
- Brennan Center for Justice: Conviction, Imprisonment 和 Lost Earnings Report
- Brennan Center For Justice: Lost Wages Fact Sheet
- Numbers We Cannot Ignore Presentation 达蒙·德雷克
- Normalizing Opportunity: A Policy Agenda to Promote Economic Advancement for People with Criminal Records - released by Jobs for the Future
- Fair Opportunities Article Series:
- 2023年3月 Breaking Barriers to Fair Opportunities for job seekers 和 employers in Ramsey County
- 2023年4月 Breaking Barriers Through Art Creates Fair Opportunities
- 2023年5月— Fair Opportunities Connections Through Art 和 The Art of Healing
- 2023年6月— In Ramsey County, Ujamaa means Collaboration 和 Transformation
- 2023年7月 Mental Health, Character 和 Responsibility: Building a Bridge to Reentry
- 2023年8月 Intentional Hiring for Justice-Impacted Individuals
- 2023年9月— Department of Corrections: A Bridge to Employment Opportunities
- 2023年10月 Relationships 和 Trust Necessary for Community Reentry
- 2023年11月 Wildflyer Coffee Brews Solutions for Youth 首页。lessness
- 2023年12月Breaking Down Barriers for Justice Impacted Individuals is a 劳动力 Solution
问题? 联系 丽贝卡.Milbr和t@ramseycounty.us.
The Fair Opportunities Hiring initiative is a collaboration between Ramsey County, the 劳动力 Innovation Board of Ramsey County 和 many community partners, including Alpha Emergence Behavioral Health, Art from the Inside, 重新提供动力, 努力招聘, Ujamaa地方 和 我们解决.